Now that both the boys are in sports it seems like we are running around more and more. Between all the practices for both boys and the games we are pretty much gone every night. It is crazy! Before we left to Mason's game I just had to take some pictures of Taysom! He is just too stinkin' cute! We all just love love love this boy!
Mason has really been loving T ball! He is so funny and cracks me up. I love watching him practice and play!
I wanted to get a picture of him hitting the ball, but the ref stepped between him and me! Oh well!
If you ever need some entertainment, go to a t ball game! The kids are so hilarious! You can totally tell when they have checked out of the game and get bored! Mason cracks me up and I was just laughing and laughing over his stylin' moves!
His face just makes me laugh!
He was so funny! He was making different shadow people!
These three were funny. They were out there comparing battle wounds!
Mason showing his cool scab from falling of a electric scooter!
Sam has been watching too much Splash! At first I didn't know what she was doing, but when she held her pose with a very determined look on her face, I started to wonder if she was going to go head first towards the ground!
Phew! I was really nervous for a minute!
So for the last five months Sam has been receiving therapy for her speech. It has been once a week for 45 minute sessions. It was part of the Infant Toddler program run by the government. There were about three evaluations that she had to go through and they assessed her as speaking at a 16 month old level when she was 30 months old.
Everyone that has been part of her evaluations and therapy have been amazing! I wasn't TOO concerned about her speech, but her frustration level was starting to sky rocket and I felt so helpless that I couldn't understand or help her with what she was wanting and needing. We did a lot of the pointing and gestures and we were even doing signs, but she just would just get too frustrated and mad, because I think she knew what she wanted to say and just couldn't get it to come out right. In all of her other evals she was scoring on target and even higher than her age. On some of the skills she was testing at a four year old level.
A week or so ago we went and met with the teachers at the JEEP (Jerome Early Education Program) school, along with the principal of Horizon Elem. We signed all the paperwork for her to attend school there this fall and we couldn't be more excited! She will most likely only attend one year, but I think she will just improve by leaps and bounds, like she has thus far! She will have the option of riding the bus or me taking her. We'll see what is easier when fall gets closer. I have to see what will be easier since I have to pick up Mason around the same time. She will be enrolled for 4 days a week for a little over 3 hours! (I'll only have Tays at home...what oh what will I do with only one kid?!)
Sam and her amazing therapist, Nancy Harris.
We have loved having Nancy come over once a week to play with us. She has been so great and we will miss her so much!















No comments:
Post a Comment