Tuesday, February 5, 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico

The next day we landed in San Juan! We were able to join a zip lining excursion with a lot of other family members! It was awesome! The only bad thing about it, was it took up the entire day and we didn't get to see much of San Juan. I guess we'll just have to plan another trip to see the sights!   


While we were zip lining, we were flying past so many iguanas! They were everywhere and they were huge! I am so glad I was many feet off the ground and above them. There were some in some trees not far from the zip lines, but I am just glad they were not in the trees I was walking next too. They probably were, but I didn't see them, so that makes them not there...in my head! 

There was a ton of hiking involved with the zip lining, but it felt great to get some good exercise. Especially after all the food we'd been eating!

The company provided a catered lunch that was very interesting. It was some grilled chicken, rice and beans. The rice was really good and the chicken was good. There wasn't really any meat on the chicken, so I think most of us went back to the ship hungry! Or maybe we'd been so used to having more food than we were used too, so it just seemed like a normal portion was too small! 


About to get back onboard! I was really impressed with the boarding and disembarking procedures. You had to scan your key card to get on and off the boat, so they could keep track of missing passengers. There were a few names that were called over the pa system before we left the port and I wonder if they ever made it back on! 

Disney takes such great care of their ship. Every time we were at a port there were people outside cleaning and even repainting the exterior. The maintenance of the ship was incredible. It really did feel like we were on a brand new ship, even though it had been out many times before.

That night our dinner was in the Animators Palate and it was so fun! We celebrated my sil Molly's birthday and we got to be animators!  

Johnathan and I with our animations!


Austin and Emma with theirs! 

They put on a show using your drawings! It was so fun to see our lovely artwork dancing around on big tv screens! It was incredible! 

No comments: