Monday, July 16, 2012

Projects

The last few weeks have been busy for Vaughn. One of his friends from work asked if he would make a bed for her daughter, kind of like the boys. He was excited to do it and super excited that her daughter, Rachel, was old enough to help him!

Vaughn and Rachel 


Rachel's new bed! She wanted big steps, so she could put storage containers in-between each step and she wants to put a desk under her bed! I think they were pretty excited to see it come together! Vaughn left them to do the sanding and staining. I hope they send us a picture when they finish that!!



Then Vaughn found this picture on the internet. I think he was drawn to it because of the dog, it looks exactly like Max, but he swears the dog had nothing to do with it!


So when I came home from the farmer's market one day I found him working on this.

We have so much crap in our garage and I cannot wait to get rid of all the baby stuff we have been storing and adding to with each baby. At least Vaughn is happy now with all of his babies tools organized and put in their new home. 

As soon as he had finished cleaning and getting everything all set I mentioned that there were a couple of easy projects on Pinterest that I wanted to make. I showed him the pictures and he just started making them and putting them together for me! The best part is that we had everything we needed to build them! I love those kinds of projects!! 

Vaughn and Max building my first project! 


Sammy building her own project. She loves working next to her dad! 


My first finished project.
I'm excited to make other boards to change out for the holidays or even the kids' birthdays! 


My second finished project. 
It is way smaller than I thought it would be, but at least it is done and I will have something for 4th of July next year. 

2 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Oh how I wish we had a garage for Stu to do all the projects I want him to do. Someday...Love how excited Vaughn gets to make stuff-and how fabulous it all turns out!

Grandma B said...

You guys are just FUN!!!