Mason has turned the old age of six! He has been looking forward to his birthday (really, what kid doesn't?!) this year because he was getting his first official birthday party! It would have been last year, but it ended up being more than I could take on with a newborn. Lazy me, I know. Anyway, he was super excited and that was all he could talk about!
On his birthday he woke up and absolutely loved his decorations! He is a big fan of having the house decorated regardless of who it is for! He was upset that I didn't do it for Taysom's. I'm glad I took the time to do it for him, because he was in birthday heaven!
I sent him off to school and then got busy making treats for his class.

These are root beer float cupcakes. I made them almost every week for the farmers market last year. The kids all love them and there are never any leftovers.
Then as I was opening one of Mason's presents with a new pair of scissors I slipped and cut my finger. It was the first time I ever thought I might need stitches. It bled so much and I had to sit down and got a little whoozy!!

It was so painful!

Luckily, it went more horizontal and not deep.
Since it was a school night we didn't do much for Mason's birthday. We were all pretty exhausted and did homework and went to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment